|Shuya is the third most populated city in the Ivanovo region of Russia. Located in the area between two rivers – the Volga and Klyazma, on the river Teza. Is 32 away from Ivanova. Historical and modern center of the textile industry. In addition, the city developed engineering, light, food and furniture industry, manufacture of accordions. The population of 58,1 thousand people, mostly Russian.
Telephone code: 7 493 51. Postcode: 155900. Car code: 37.
the First mention of the princes of the fountain, who owned the town almost 200 years, it refers to 1403 year. The exact date of the founding of the city is unknown. The first documentary mention of it dates back to 1539 year. Since that time used the name Shua, before the city was known as Boris and Gleb Sloboda (the name given to the Church of the Holy Boris and glib). In 1781 year he received the city status. The name Shua is given by the eponymous river Shua (a tributary of the Teza), on which stands the city.